Damn. I’ll be turning 25 in less than 10 hours. So, as a, er, well, something, I’ll be posting maybe 25 random things? This’ll need a lot of thought, and memory power. Here goes nothing.
1. Real friends are hard to come by these days. I am quite fortunate that I found some really nice ones, people who I can be totally open to and be honest with. I consider them my family.
2. I’m a relationship guy. I crave romance. Maybe just in right sample sizes. Not too much, not too little. I like being romantic, being cheesy. It brings out the kiddie-giddy side of me I never knew I had.
3. I’m surprised by the amount of knowledge, mundane and extraordinary, that I come across almost everyday.
4. I like pleasant surprises.
5. I was kaladkarin since before I turned 5. I was always at the neighbor’s house until the wee hours of the night.
6. I love dogs. I love puppies. I have a genuine affection for them. I like that they have unrequited love for you, that they’re always happy to see you, to be in your presence day in and day out, that they’re excited every freakin’ minute that you’re around them. I love dogs.
7. I may not have a pet cat, but I do like cats. I don’t want to keep one as a pet, as I’m more of a dog person, but I like cats. I like that they can be very malambing.
8. Pop culture saved my life and cultivated my worldview. From video games, to radio shows, to TV shows, to literature, they helped shape how I view things. And I kinda owe them big time for that.
9. I like being weird. Not creepy weird, but being… well, maybe “unconventional.” I like being uncommon. Never really dug the whole “fit in” phrase. I think I did fit in but not so much.
10. I have a wide variety of interests, ranging from geeky to cool (by social definition). I like comic books (I even collect), I like video games (mostly Final Fantasy and Soul Calibur), I like to dance especially at parties, I like hard liquor (but I’m a social drinker), I like peace and quiet, although not too much, as I also crave chaos once in a while, given that the environment is applicable. Just imagine a party where everyone is quiet. Corny, right?
11. I’m an environmentalist. Or at least, I try to be. I despise how much humans, educated most of them are, are destroying the planet. The only freaking planet that we all have, and still we can’t even take care of it properly. Daming tanga sa mundo nakaiinis.
12. I like that my main hobby and my chosen career are one and the same. Because it lessens the impact of work being, well, work. I believe that if you love what you do, chances are it won’t ever feel like work. And I am blessed.
13. I only wanted to be an artist/designer because I wanted to challenge the status quo at the time, that artists don’t earn anything, that they starve. Well, I’m not really earning loads, but I know for sure that at least I’m not a minimum wage earner. So the battle continues. 😀
14. I’m like a magpie. Shiny things immediately catch my eye.
15. I’m tech-y in a sense. I do love gadgets. It’s just that I can’t afford most of them as money rapidly gets away from my hands and wallet.
16. I’m in love with vintage things and antiques. They have so much character, so much story to tell. Especially vintage cars = drool-worthy.
17. I’d love to have a family of my own someday. Hoping that’ll happen before I turn 30, or maybe 30 onwards. Two twin boys should suffice, coz I already have names. 😛
18. I often fail to understand how advanced people are these days, in terms of, well, romance and shit. Kaya mga bata, focus muna tayo sa studies, nasa developing country lang tayo. There’s plenty of time for romance later. It’s hard to look for a nice-paying work especially if you don’t have a college degree. Just sayin’.
19. You learn tons of cool new shit at work. At school, you have fun (especially with friends around), but knowledge is better gained in the “real world.”
20. I like making friends. Online it’s easier, I think. I can be myself most of the time. But if I’m already comfortable in person, especially with a new acquaintance, then I can go to town! 😛
21. I’d love to just travel around and eat. Try different cuisines. I think I’m at the point in my life where I’d just like to travel for a living. I think I’d get a kick out of that.
22. Always remember, if you respect others, they respect you. Everything is give and take.
23. Something I picked up from reading a book: “There is only one sin, only one. And that is theft. Every other sin is a variation of theft. When you kill a man, you steal a life. You steal his wife’s right to a husband, rob his children of a father. When you tell a lie, you steal someone’s right to the truth. When you cheat, you steal the right to fairness.” From The Kite Runner.
24. Even if things are going wrong, be thankful. There’s always a silver living. God is that gracious.
25. I love my relationship with God. He always makes way for me to grow, to understand things better, to accept many things, to be a better person. He’s always there for me. I’m not religious or anything, but I do believe in a higher power, coz I felt Him. I owe God so much already. I think I’ll save the planet for Him, as payback. Gotta love me some Mother Earth, too.
Think that’s it. Or what I could think about for the moment, anyways.
9 more hours. Ayayay! 😛